To create connections between people and the lives they dream of.
We will be the most human-centered, creative problem solver in the social technology industry.
Our beliefs capture what has always been and will always be true to SIS. They are the ideas that unite us—that motivate us and drive us to do what we do.
- The bar is economic, social, and physical well-being—for all.
- Getting support should be quick, simple, and dignified.
- Social equity requires thoughtful policy and elegant technology.
- People “in need” can include anyone and everyone.
- A community is only as strong as its support for all members.
- The most effective solutions consider a person’s whole experience.
The strategic pillars are the major initiatives we have prioritized to help bring about this change and make progress toward our vision. There are five areas of focus that guide the big and small steps we need to take together.
- Establish a creative, open work environment driven by our cultural cornerstones—purpose, transparency, and voice.
- Deepen our connection to the people we serve.
- Partner to develop dynamic offerings that connect more people to more help and protection.
- Leverage our data and experience to influence policy and public systems.
- Create strategic efforts that support and unite the social tech community.
Media Contact & Locations
Executive Director, Communications
TEL: (510) 273-4653
CEL: (916) 224-3035
3841 North Freeway Blvd, Suite 210
Sacramento, CA 95834
TEL: (916) 563-4004
FAX: (916) 566-2677
1951 Webster Street, 2nd Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
TEL: (510) 834-1300
FAX: (510) 834-1301
PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide application assistance or other direct services at our offices.